Seeking a Family Law Attorney
About Our Firm
We are an enterprising family law firm that is on track for aggressive growth and we need an experienced Associate to work directly with the owner and Legal Services Team to help our clients.
We want to be known for helping our clients come through a difficult and emotional process, able to move toward a new beginning for themselves and their families.
We are growing fast, and we need an Associate who can hit the ground running. Ideal candidates will have 5 or more years of Family Law experience.
Salary commensurate with experience, bonus opportunities available.
This position is responsible for important work:
- Performance of legal services including legal research; drafting motions, pleadings, orders, judgments, and status updates; and overseeing and analyzing discovery
- Associates frequently represent clients in court during motions, various types of hearings, and occasionally during trials
- When delegated by the owner the Associate Attorney may prospect for new clients through networking, writing articles, and speaking engagements
- May also conduct initial consultations with prospective clients and serve as the principal contact between the firm and its clients
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be the attorney we're seeking:
- You are empathetic but able to maintain a cool head and perspective
- You are comfortable working with opposing counsel
- You maintain your composure when under pressure
- You like to work as a member of the team
- Your middle name is “No Drama”
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You are proud of your organizational skills and have developed best practices to effectively manage competing priorities
- 5 or more years of Family Law experience
How to Apply
Please prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works with family law clients and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you applied to this particular ad. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.” You will be emailed a request to attach your cover letter later in the application process.
When you are ready to apply, please submit your application using the link below.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
About Halligan LLC
Halligan LLC exclusively practices Family Law. While many firms have several areas of focus, we believe that by being a Jack-of-all-Trades the attorney is an Expert-at-None.
We purposely maintain a smaller than average caseload for our attorneys so that we can be more effective at identifying all the important details about each client's matter that could otherwise be missed in the rush of deadlines that is so common when carrying a heavier caseload.
Our experience with complex and nuanced issues such as UCCJEA, hidden assets, receiverships, and business interests in divorce set us apart from other Family Law firms.
Employees are able to grow and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where recognition for individual achievements is valued and ongoing opportunities for growth through coaching and leadership abound.