Join Our Team
We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced Colorado Family Law Paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. You'll draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you're interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
- Help lawyers prepare for trial by preparing and organizing exhibits, assisting with client meetings, filing motions, conducting research on legal articles, and organizing and coordinating witnesses
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Draft legal documents, pleadings, and correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits under the guidance of a lawyer
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather information about their legal issues
- Scheduling and Calendaring – deadlines, events, etc.
- Drafting letters, reports, and simple court documents
- Review documents such as Sworn Financial Statements and 16.2 disclosures
- Initial research on laws and judicial decisions
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
- 3+ years of legal service experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Talented communicator and writer
- Excellent organizational skills, and time-management skills
- 3+ years' of Colorado Family Law experience
- Knowledge of the Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure applicable to domestic litigation, court procedure, and deadlines
Salary is commensurate with skill and experience and is negotiable. A generous benefits package is offered. Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and references.
About Halligan LLC
Halligan LLC exclusively practices Family Law. While many firms have several areas of focus, we believe that by being a Jack-of-all-Trades the attorney is an Expert-at-None.
We purposely maintain a smaller than average caseload for our attorneys so that we can be more effective at identifying all the important details about each client's matter that could otherwise be missed in the rush of deadlines that is so common when carrying a heavier caseload.
Our experience with complex and nuanced issues such as UCCJEA, hidden assets, receiverships, and business interests in divorce set us apart from other Family Law firms.
Employees are able to grow and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where recognition for individual achievements is valued and ongoing opportunities for growth through coaching and leadership abound.